GIPSY PATCH LANE BRIDGE RENEWAL
Oct 2020 – Feb 2021 | Gipsy Patch Lane (Bristol)
KGJ Price were contracted to provide all aspects of Permanent Way services to Alun Griffiths Contractors to remove the track, ballast and re-instate the track fully tamped & stressed at the end of a 13 day blockade
Core Elements & Scope:
- 2200T Of Ballast Installed Utilising Trimble 3D Dozer
- 84m of Existing CWR Removed & Reinstated, 11 x 18288mm Closure Rails & 108m of New CWR Installed
- 18 PEMs & 12 LEMs Used to Lift out and reinstall a Modular CEN56v EVs 1 in 15 Turnout
- 129 G44’s Removed & Reinstated (84m)
- 169 New G44’s installed (108m)
- 108m Plain Line Panel built off the critical path and walked in with PEM LEM’s
- 43 Welds Installed, 10 of which were stress welds & x2 to set the ball & claw
- 5 x Stressing Pulls in & around the S&C, Totalling 626 Yards
- 1600m of tamping carried out over all lines disturbed, including 9 x S&C Units
- All Track removed in less than 24 hours and handed over to Civils 10hr ahead of schedule
- Full Installation scope completed +4hr ahead of schedule
- Innovative & Bespoke Track Monitoring Solution Provided due to the ‘EPS Block’ Back Fill associated with the bridge construction
- Constant Programme revisions throughout due to Site challenges with the Civils Works
- The first time an existing Modular S&C unit has been Removed & Reinstated, an Industry first!
- Comprehensive delap survey carried out to note down pre-existing issues
Ask Us Anything. Anytime.
For more details about our projects and capabilities please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.