March 2022 – September 2022 | Neath Swingbridge
KGJ Price were contracted to provide all aspects of Permanent Way services to Centregreat Rail to remove the track, ballast and re-instate the track during a series of 54 hour possessions in summer 2022.
Core Elements & Scope:
- 4 x 54 Hour Core Weekends
- 70m of Track Removed per weekend
- Loose Relay method
- Guard Rail Removal, Reinstate & fettling with spike fast
- 2 x Engineering Trains (1 per weekend)
- 12 Welds Installed
- Spot Resleepering of approx 60 rotten hardwood timbers
- Approx. 200m of tamping carried out per line
- All Track and spoil removed in less than 8 hours and handed over to Civils on schedule
- Full Installation scope completed and right time hand-back despite 4 hour late arrival of the engineering train on the first week
- Comprehensive dilapidation survey carried out to note down pre-existing issues with the track and report and recommendations for rectification
- Installation of 8m of Piling and King Post Ballast Retention
- Associated handrail & various signage installation
- Track CRE
- Track Monitoring & CRT Management
Ask Us Anything. Anytime.
For more details about our projects and capabilities please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.